1. What should my child wear?
As a way of promoting discipline and a sense of unity, Sonshine Academy requires a Ninja uniform t-shirt for Ninja classes. The color of the uniform t-shirt corresponds to the color of the ninja’s class level. We believe that this helps students feel like part of a larger group and it creates an expectation of discipline in the class. Ninja uniform t-shirts can be ordered and purchased either online at sonshineacademy.store or onsite in the Sonshine Academy pro-shop. In addition, all ninjas should WEAR SHORTS WITH NO POCKETS, SOCKS & ATHLETIC SHOES SUITABLE FOR ACTIVITY (no sandals or flip flops). If the hair is long, it should be pulled up & out of the face. No jewelry is allowed.
2. If I miss a class can I make-up the class?
A student may make up a class at any time during the week when there is an opening in another class. Please schedule your make-up class on the Sonshine Academy website in the Parent Portal in iClass Pro.
3. Do you have a Parent Viewing area?
Parents are welcome to observe their child from the lobby through our large viewing windows. Wireless internet is also available. Observation should be done in such a manner as to allow the students to maintain their focus during class.
4. How and when do I pay my tuition?
a. Tuition may be paid online via the Parent Portal in iClass Pro on the Sonshine Academy website or in person in the office. Tuition is due on or before the 23rd of each month for the next month.
b. Preferred Method is Automatic bank or credit card draft. If you take advantage of that service you will never incur the $7 billing fee for late payment because your tuition is drafted on the 1st of each month.
c. There is a $7 Billing fee assessed to the account if tuition is not paid on time.
5. How do I drop a class?
Notify the office no later than the 15th of the month prior to the month you wish to drop.
6. What happens in the event of snow/inclement weather?
Please check our website and Facebook page for closings and updates. NOTE: there are times when the schools may be closed but we are open for classes in the afternoon so be sure to check frequently during times of inclement weather.
7. Is our facility clean?
Yes, our facility is cleaned and disinfected nightly. It is very important to us that we offer our families a safe and clean environment.
8. What happens during the summer?
We are a year round facility. In June, July, and August we offer a different schedule of classes & LOTS of awesome camps to meet your schedule. One benefit to our facility is that we have air conditioning that allows your child to stay active in the comfort of a climate-controlled facility.
9. HOW DOES MY NINJA MOVE UP TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- A “QUEST TEST” must be successfully completed in order to move to the next level. In a “QUEST TEST”, each Ninja will demonstrate the skills in his current skill level and move through an obstacle course with predetermined elements. The obstacle course will include skills that have been taught in the current level. Upon the successful completion of the “QUEST TEST”, the ninja is awarded the next level uniform t-shirt in a ceremony and is then allowed to move up to the next level class.
- You will be contacted by your ninja’s coach when he thinks your ninja is ready for a “QUEST TEST” and he will let you know your options for when the “QUEST TEST” can take place.
- There is a minor cost for the “QUEST TEST”, and if successfully completed, it includes the cost of the new color of the uniform t-shirt.