Dear Sonshine Academy family,
At Sonshine Academy, the health and safety of our children and families is of the utmost importance. As the situation regarding the coronavirus continues to develop, we want to let you know that we are monitoring local developments as well as regularly checking the websites of the Arkansas State Health Department, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We also want to personally update you on the steps we take to provide a healthy, safe environment for you and your children at Sonshine Academy as a matter of standard procedure as well as a few extra precautions we are taking.
- Our facility is professionally cleaned every night with extra focus placed on high use areas and surfaces.
- We have a “fogger” machine that we use to disinfect the facility regularly.
- Besides providing automatic soap and paper towel dispensers at our sinks for handwashing, we also provide hand sanitizer in strategic locations throughout the facility.
- We have cleaning supplies onsite that staff uses to do additional disinfection as needed throughout the day.
As extra practical precautions, we are also doing the following:
- Shared toys, books and magazines have been removed from the lobbies to help prevent the spread of germs.
- We have directed our instructors to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before every class & in between classes and we are encouraging parents to have their kids wash their hands before starting class.
- If instructors teach a class where it is usual to put stamps on the hands of students at the end of class, we have directed them to stamp feet or legs instead of hands in order to limit contact with student’s hands.
You and your family can join us in this effort to keep everyone healthy by taking the following precautions:
- Any who are sick or are not feeling well, please stay home. This is for everyone – students, family members, as well as staff.
- For those who are well, follow standard good
hygiene protocol for staying healthy:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If you cannot wash your hands, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue then throw the tissue away. If a tissue isn’t available, at least cough or sneeze into your elbow (not your hands).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed or unsanitized hands
- Avoid drinking or eating after others
We will continue to monitor the situation for changes so we can make any needed adjustments regarding new developments.
Last, please pray for wisdom and discernment for all those in charge as they work to keep everyone safe. And also pray for each other and help out in any way possible over the next few weeks. This is all uncharted territory but lots of love and grace will go a long way as we navigate this challenge.
Scott & Elsie Rose Wright
Sonshine Academy, Inc.
– developing your child’s ability to shine!
501-327-7742 – office