1. Why should my child learn to swim at Sonshine Swim School?
There are lots of reasons to join this fun and exciting program but here are just a few:
- Heated Outdoor Pool – Come on in! The water is always warm.
- Low Student / Teacher Ratios. Maximum 4:1 student / teacher ratio. For parent / child classes maximum 6:1 student / teacher ratio.
- Pool Design – 3 ft. deep at both ends, sloping to 5 ft. in the middle. A teaching station (steps or underwater ledge) in each corner.
- Instruction Provided by Trained, Certified & Caring Teachers.
- Emphasis on Water Safety.
- Progression-Based Lessons Plans.
- Progress reports and Popsicles on the last day of class.
2. What should my child wear & helpful tips?
- Wear a comfortable swim suit & apply waterproof sunscreen SPF 30 or greater.
- Bring a towel or two, dry clothes, & a bag to put wet swimsuits in afterwards.
- We prefer that our students NOT wear goggles unless the goggles can be worn without being a nuisance or a distraction. Do NOT bring scuba masks. This is so your child can get comfortable with putting his/her face in the water.
- MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD HAS GONE TO THE BATHROOM BEFORE their lesson. Babies OR children who are not yet potty trained MUST wear a swim diaper or protective barrier made for water activities under their swimsuit.
3. If I miss a class can I make-up the class?
There are no make-ups lessons for a student who misses a class due to illness or other reasons.
4. Do you have a Parent Viewing area?
Parents are welcome to observe their child from the pool area. Wireless internet is also available as well as a playground for siblings. Observation should be done in such a manner as to allow the students to maintain their focus during class.
5. How and when do I pay my tuition?
Tuition must be paid when your register for swim lessons. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
6. What happens in the event of inclement weather?
We continue with swim lessons unless there is lightning and/or thunder. If it is just raining we will still have class. If classes are cancelled the instructor will call and inform you. Make-up lessons will be held on Friday or Saturday of the same week.