Hello Sonshine families!
We know that we are ALL so tired of emails with the subject line CORONA, but we wanted to share with you with the operations plan for Sonshine Academy beginning Sunday, March 15. Things are changing on a daily basis so please check our Facebook pages, www.sonshineacademy.com, and your email to make sure that you have the latest updates.
Those of you that have been with us for any length of time know we have ALWAYS been diligent about cleaning and sanitizing our facility as a matter of standard procedure. I want you to know that we are going ABOVE AND BEYOND that right now. We have ALWAYS been proud of how clean and safe our facility is for our students and families. We are so blessed and thankful for the cleaning team that Ms. Esther and Mr. Daniel lead to making cleanliness at Sonshine Academy a reality on a daily basis – with or without a health crisis!
More than ever our children will need to get some exercise and physical activity! We think this operations plan we are presenting will be a big help in keeping them healthy and happy. We also feel that it is important for your kids to have something to look forward to each week that keeps them active and interacting with other kids (just spaced a little further apart) especially since many other options could be closed for weeks. Because of those very important reasons, at this point in time for the week prior to Spring Break, we plan to be Open But With Modifications. No plan is a perfect plan, and ours will likely be updated as circumstances in our area continue to develop, but we think this is a good place to start.
Here are the details about our “Open But With Modifications” plan. Assuming your children are well (not sick):
- All preschool-age students – gymnastics, tumbling, dance, and Lil Ninja must have a grownup in the facility. We ask that you limit this to just mom, dad or your designated caregiver. Please, no more than one adult per child though. For their safety, we also request that any who are immune-compromised, and any adults over 60, not be present in the facility for the next few weeks (unless of course, they are the caregiver or guardian).
- All school-age students – we request that you please drop them off at the assigned entrance (see “instructions for drop off” below). We will have our staff there to meet them and get them to class and return them to the door for pick up at the end of class. This will be a safe and secure way for them to get back and forth to class, but still, accomplish the goal of social distancing by reducing the number of adults in the facility at one time. However, if you or your kiddo aren’t comfortable with this option, you may choose to park as usual and bring them into class. We simply ask that you follow the principle that only one adult accompanies the student so as to limit the number of people in the facility at one time.
Instructions for drop off are as follows:
- Students in Dance (Studio 1-4), Gymnastics, and Ninja
should be dropped off at the passcode entrance.
- Students in CFA, tumbling, cheer classes, and Dance in Studio 5 should be dropped off at the main entrance.
- Make-up classes – We know that some of you will take a break here and there as we ride this thing out and that is totally understandable. If you stay enrolled with us but are unable or uncomfortable coming to Sonshine Academy at some point during this public health situation, makeup classes for any class missed may be scheduled as far out as May 28th when the school year session ends.
- Potential Online Classes – As a contingency plan for the near future, we are working on potential formats for your child to be able to take certain classes online without having to physically be present in our facility. This is in the planning stages right now as we are working to determine the feasibility, create the content and learn the technology needed to do this. We expect to have more definitive information on this possibility available after Spring Break.
We will continue to monitor this situation for changes until it eventually subsides … and it will eventually subside. We dearly value the health and safety of our “Sonshine family”. If new developments in this public health situation require it, we will make any needed adjustments, up to and including shutting down our facility. You have our promise that we will continue to support each other, pray for wisdom and discernment, and extend grace to one another as we navigate this situation together. #Sonshinefamily
Scott & Elsie Rose Wright
Sonshine Academy, Inc.
– developing your child’s ability to shine!
501-327-7742 – office